The Thermoblock 96 (012-103) is a processor controlled gradient-capable block with 6 separately controlled peltier elements for extraordinary temperature homogeneity. The thermal conductivity of silver with 429 W/mK results in a better block uniformity in contrast to aluminum (237 W/mK). This allows high speed with a maximum power of only 350 watts. The average during a typical run is less than 150 watts. The result is good performance with low energy consumption, low carboxide footprint, less heat in the lab, and last but not least, less noise from the cooling fans. The heating rates is 4.2°C/s during real operations. The peak performance of the peltier elements shows it cooling option down to minus 5 °C. Instant incubation at the melting point and low temperatures is for a long time possible.
Working with single tubes, stripes and microplates is possible. The Thermoblock 96 has programmable temperatures and time in(de)crements, ramp rates and of course a gradient. A cheaper block consists of aluminium is also available (Thermoblock 96 alu, 012-108).
The block is compatible with a quick-block-changing system and can replaced with Thermoblock 48, 384 or Triple.
- Electroformed gold plated silver
- For 0.2 ml single tubes, stripes, microplates
- Reaction volume: 10 µl to 80 µl
- Heating rate: 4.2 °C/s, cooling rate: 3.6 °C/s during cycling
- Temperature range: Minus 5 °C to plus 99 °C
- Block uniformity: ± 0.3 °C from 20 to 72 °C, ± 0.4 °C at 95 °C
- Gradient-capable: 40 °C, ± 20 °C, 12 zones
- Order no.: 012-103
- 5 years warranty